Mobile Safety Ladder
SAFELY ACCESS THOSE HARD-TO-REACH PLACES
What is a Mobile Ladder?
A Mobile Safety Ladder (also commonly known as rolling warehouse steps) is a movable, fixed height, self-supporting ladder consisting of wide flat treads in the form of steps which give access to a Top Step. The top step is surrounded by handrails and is intended for use by one person.
Mobile safety ladders are designed to provide a safe, elevated work surface that can move horizontally across a floor on castor wheels.
What are the features of Mobile Safety Ladders?
Our range of mobile ladders feature the following:
- Non-Slip Steps
- Tread Width: 600mm
- Safe Working Load: 200kg
- Overall Base Width: 950mm
- Height: 450mm to 3650mm
- Fitted with Hand Rails & Lockable Castors
- Most often used in-between aisles of Racking
- Designed to allow safe access & picking of products from Racking & Shelving installations
What sizes are Mobile Ladders available in?
Our range of mobile safety ladders are available in 8 different sizes:
- 2 Step (450mm)
- 3 Step (700mm)
- 4 Step (950mm)
- 6 Step (1450mm)
- 8 Step (1900mm)
- 10 Step (2400mm)
- 12 Step (2850mm)
- 15 Step (3650mm)
How to ensure safety while using a Mobile Ladder?
Preventing injuries and fatalities when using mobile safety ladders starts with choosing the right mobile ladder for the intended application:
- Preventing overreach of the rail during the work activity.
- Align the platform size, height, and mobility of the ladder with the task duration, complexity, and/or mobility needs.
- Calculate and compare the maximum intended load (e.g., worker, tools, and materials) to the mobile ladder’s safe working load
How to safely move a Mobile Ladder:
- Ensure the mobile ladder stand is unoccupied.
- Disengage locking mechanisms and ensure the castors and wheels can move freely.
- Maintain awareness to avoid hitting objects, structures, and workers in the area.
How to work safely on a Mobile Ladder:
- Do not move whilst occupied / in use
- Keep both feet firmly on a step or platform.
- Do not overreach from the top step or platform.
- Ensure that steps and platforms are slip resistant.
- Position the mobile ladder stand on a smooth, flat surface.
- Keep steps and platforms clean, dry, and free of spills and debris.
- Do not use additional ladders or other objects to increase the working height.
- Engage the locking mechanisms to prevent the mobile ladder stand from moving before stepping onto it.
- Ensure mobile ladder stands are only used for the purposes for which they were designed.
- Do not stand on handrails, mid-rails, or toeboards, if so equipped, to gain additional height.
What areas do you deliver Mobile Safety ladders to?
We supply and deliver mobile ladders throughout South Africa.
Our main service areas include (but are not limited to):
Gauteng (All Areas), Western Cape (All Areas), Kwazulu-Natal (All Areas), Nelspruit, Limpopo, Bloemfontein, Rustenburg, East London, Port Elizabeth.
At Dreymar Industrial, we aim to supply trolleys that will keep your business moving.
Our sales team is on hand to help you find the right trolley for your intended application.